Monday, September 27, 2010

Megaman Legends


So it turns out my PS3 can play PS1 games. I've had it for almost a year and never thought to try it. I assumed when the newer models removed backwards compatibility it meant no PS2 OR PS1. So yeah, I'm an idiot. Luckily I brought some PS1 games with me to college to play on my PC and am now enjoying my old favorites on my fancy new system.

One of those is Megaman Legends, one of the best games to ever come out on the PS1. The Legends series is without a doubt my favorite Megaman series. Of course, you can imagine how excited I am over Capcom's recent announcement of a new Legends game after 10 years of waiting. Let's hope they don't let the fans down with this one.

I beat the first game in about 5 hours over the weekend and it was just as much fun as I remember. Going to get started on the second game later this week now that I've got my first few papers out of the way. Look forward to a double review of both games sometime soon.

26 comments:

funkotron77 said...

Wow, a 5hr trip? I should give it a shot if its really that short. Always heard that these are great games but never gave them a shot despite being a huge classic Mega Man fan. I'll take a look

XIII said...

fucken loved this game!

CAPSLOCK! said...

YOU DIDN`T REALIZE A PS3 CAN PLAY PS2 GAMES, THATS ONE REASON I BOUGHT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE,CLICK/VIEW/COMMENT ME AND ILL DO THE SAME FOR U!
http://capslock99.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

yeah me to bro

Dilly Skates said...

damn i miss this game, i remember waking up saturday mornings and playing this til bedtime.

Piripi Anxo said...

Hey, I'm back from the dead! Come and visit my blog!

Nix Funnies said...

Daily love

Discerning Gentleman said...

awesome post here

Discerning Gentleman said...

awesome post here

Jakeman-Jensen said...

Gah, I miss my PS1 lol......I had so many " Army Men " Games D;

I was so, out of the loop. I never owned a megaman game =[

RJ said...

I never played that one, but always loved the megaman games

CAPSLOCK! said...

KEEP UP THE CLICKS/VIEWS PLZ, IM DOIN THE SAME
http://capslock99.blogspot.com/

MofoJofo said...

PS3 sucks donkey balls

the-insurance-bro.blogspot.com said...

great post

VGV said...

i'm looking forward to the new megaman thats coming out. the series was always rediculously hard but that is what made it so good. oh and there are some really good psx and ps2 emulators for the pc. it sucks that there is no ps2 bc for the ps3, wish I could play some tokyo extreme racer.

tommy said...

interesting blog dude!

fflash8therealg said...

brings back memories

Del said...

nobody can beat that game in 5hours without being a god. its too damn hard!

James said...

I love megaman!

Leon Kennedy said...

you really lucked out with the backwards compatible ps3

Brunix said...

I love Megaman! This game was a great addition to the series.

Sir Strokington said...

I wanna play Bushido Blade, now that you mention PS1 games.....

The Guru said...

I have doom! It better work, gonna try it now.

McFlame said...

I've always needed to get around to playing this Megaman series, I've only ever played the main series and X.

Unknown said...

I am playing my NES at the moment!

Lemmiwinks said...

Great post!

looking forward to reading the next one

 
Search Engine Submission - AddMe